The purpose of the Network Systems Administration Program is to cover aspects of implementing and managing the infrastructure for business solutions. Students will develop the necessary skills for the installment, management, and maintenance of computer software and hardware, as well as network design. The program prepares student to take industry certifications exams after every OCP.
The program includes instruction in computer literacy; software application support; basic hardware configuration and troubleshooting; networking technologies, troubleshooting, security, and administration; and customer service and human relations skills.
INSTRUCTION CONSISTS OF
|Information Technology Assistant
|Computer Support Assistant
|Network Support Technician
|Wireless Network Administrator
|Data Communications Analyst
Standard Occupational Classification (SOC)
Occupational Completion Points (OCPs)
Laboratory activities are an integral part of this program. These activities include instruction in the use of safety procedures, tools, equipment, materials, and processes related to these occupations. Equipment and
supplies are provided to enhance hands-on experiences for students.
- Interview with a counselor
- Take Basic Skills test within six weeks of entering the program
- Be at least 16 years old and officially withdrawn from high school
This program operates on an open-entry/open- exit basis. Students may enter the program anytime during the school year.
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
DAY/TIME PROGRAM OFFERED
Mon.-Thurs. 8:00 A.M.– 12:00 P.M.
Mon.-Thurs. 6:00 P.M.– 10:00 P.M.
BASIC SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
The minimum basic skills grade levels required for adult career/technical students to complete this program are the following:
- Mathematics 10
- Language 9
- Reading 9
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENT
Basic computer skills
- Employers often give preference to applications who complete HVAC training
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certificate
- Students are strongly recommended to earn HVAC Excellence Certificates
- Network Systems Administrator
- Computer Systems Administrator
According to the 2020 Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median pay of a network systems administrator was $84,810 per year or $40.77 per hour.
DOCUMENTS & PUBLICATIONS
- Florida Department of Education Curriculum Framework (PDF)
- Gainful Employment Disclosure (WEB)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (WEB)
- Brochure – English (PDF)
- Folleto – Español (PDF)