Financial Aid Information and Resources
The financial aid programs provided by Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS) post-secondary educational centers make it feasible for students who would normally be deprived of a career/technical education due to lack of funds to obtain the training they desire. This is based on the principle that a post-secondary education should not be a privilege reserved only for those who can afford to purchase it. Educational opportunities should also be made available to students of families with limited financial resources.
Adult General Education (ABE, AAAE, Citizenship, ESOL, and GED Preparation) programs/courses are not specifically offered for job entry or advancement. Therefore, they are not accredited by the Council On Occupational Education (COE) and do not qualify for Title IV financial aid assistance.
M-DCPS post-secondary educational centers subscribe to the following:
- The primary purpose of the financial aid program is to provide assistance to students who, without such aid, would be unable to attend school.
- Financial assistance could consist of Federal Financial Aid Pell Grant, Florida Public Post-secondary Career Education Student Assistance Grant Program (FSAG), Florida Work Experience Program (FWEP), District Financial Aid Program (DFAP), Fee Waiver Program, and scholarships which may be offered to students in a single form or in various combinations which is called packaging.
- Financial assistance is meant to supplement the efforts of the student and/or the student’s family.
- Both the student’s family and the student are expected to make a maximum effort to assist with post-secondary educational expenses. This is referred to as Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- The total amount of financial assistance offered to students shall be limited to the amount of the educational costs that are greater than all other resources available to them.
- In determining the amount of other available resources, the financial aid program shall take into account the financial support expected from income, assets, and other resources available to students and/or parents. All factors affecting family’s financial strength shall be considered, including other dependents, debts, etc.
Required Documentation When Applying For Financial Aid
- Proof of income: copy of your previous year’s income tax form, your spouse’s income tax form, if married or are unmarried and living together (e.g. 2019 1040, W2, 1099, unemployment stubs, current food stamp authorization letter, notarized letter of support, etc.)
- High school diploma or high school diploma equivalency (foreign country).
- Proof of immigration status: unexpired employment authorization card, resident card, or proof of U.S. Citizenship (U.S. Passport, U.S. Birth Certificate or U.S. Certificate of Naturalization)
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Address: Florida Driver’s License or Florida Identification Card
If you are applying on your own, please obtain and complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA application available in student services or online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You will need to enter The English Center’s school code: 035704. Please obtain a Federal Student aid ID (FSAID) before applying for financial aid at https://fsaid.gov
If you have any questions regarding the financial aid process, please contact the financial aid office from Monday to Thursday from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm and on Fridays from 8:30 am to 3:20 pm at (305) 445-7731, Ext. 2711. You may also send an e-mail to Ms. Elena Morejon, Financial Aid Officer.
- Academic Year
- Citizenship Status
- Clery Act Disclosure Security Policy
- Constitution Day
- Consumer Information
- Cost of Attendance
- Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act
- Eligibility Requirements
- Enrollment Status
- Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Federal Pell Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU)
- Financial Aid Handbook (PDF)
- Financial Aid Programs Available
- Fraud Referral Federal Student Aid Program
- Grievance Procedures
- High School Diploma Requirements
- Need Analysis
- Net Price Calculator
- Payment Schedule
- Policies and Conditions Concerning Financial Aid Awards
- Refund Policy
- Repayment Policy
- Return To Title IV (R2T4)
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- State of Florida Programs
- Student Aid Reports (SAR)
- Student Appeal Process
- Student Program Changes
- Verification of FAFSA Information
- Verification of Florida Residency
- Veteran Educational Benefits Program (VA)
- Websites and Technical Resources
- 2021 IRS 1098-T Form
- 2021 Instructions to Access (PDF)IRS 1098-T Form